We are looking for an intern to investigate the market and needs of breakdancers.
Do you have a background in market research or sports trends, as well as a deep interest In Urban Sports? Then we are looking for you!
Who are you?
An independent, knowledgeable, human movement science or sports science student who wants to share their insights. Able to critically take in information for real world application. Possess a deep affinity for sports, innovation, and want to use and improve your skills to advance the performance of urban athletes.
Who are we?
The Urban Sports Performance Center (USPC) is an innovation center working towards the improvement and professionalization of urban athletes and their sports (skateboarding, BMX, free-running, parkour, breakdance) through the use of technology, community outreach and of course the new perspectives that our interns provide. In collaboration with InnoSportLab Sport & Beweeg, BrabantSport, CTO Zuid and the Brabant urban scene, we conduct research into both the athletes as well as innovating new technologies used to increase their performance and engagement. We use our projects and our network to create an environment for you in which you have every opportunity to work on your professional skills, both in practice and theory. In this way, together we ensure an educational and dynamic internship period.
What is your role?
Under the guidance of the USPCs embedded scientist you will investigate the following…
- Familiarize yourself with the sport of breakdance
- Perform research into the market, trends, needs of the athletes
- Perform interviews with athletes
- Create an analysis of the sport
- Investigate technologies that could improve, gamify, or professionalize the sport
- Provide an in-depth analysis of the upcoming Olympic sport of breakdancing
What do we offer?
- A dynamic learning and working environment in a young team of interns from various backgrounds.
- Plenty of room to further develop your own creativity, entrepreneurship and independence.
- Access to the network of the Urban Sports Performance Center, with all associated knowledge.
- Possibilities to expand your own network
Are you the enthusiastic intern we are looking for?
From August 2021 there is an internship place available for a 3rd-4th year student. Do you meet the description and are you interested? Send your CV and motivation letter to Raymund ten Broek (Raymund@uspc.nl).